Lisp or Script to populate next Revision attributes in Title Block

Billy Ray

You're a saint! Thank you sir I really appreciate all of your help. I'll put the code below again in case anyone needs it in the future. Now I have three batch files (with relative script and lisp routines thanks to you) that users can pick from relative to the Revision Description. All one has to do here now is double click and watch it go! Utilizing this with field insertions, etc. all Title Block Data will be auto generated and any simple CAD user can use it. You're the man!

well I'm a dragon but you're forgiven hahaha

but you're welcome. Wish my titleblocks were so easy...

:beer:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Billy Ray

• rlx

• BIGAL

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm a dragon but you're forgiven hahaha

but you're welcome. Wish my titleblocks were so easy...

:beer:

It's taken a long to to get here with Data Links, Layers, Title Blocks and file naming conventions. But everyone puts it on 0,0 and the file naming is structured so it makes Custom Field Insertions or Diesel Expressions easier. Doubtful, but let me know if I can ever be of any help.

Glad Rlx helped just thought I would add a bit more detail the idea of using the attribute position rather than tags, is that you only need to know which pattern to look for in your case the 1st few are single descriptions so we will leave them alone, the atts like REVX are a pattern as you mentioned and re-occur at set intervals.

The idea as you have already mentioned is that you need more than one routine so each routine just changes certain attributes by their position order.

When you go past 6 you would re-arrange the 1st five 2 goes 1 3 goes 2 then add new 5th.

The main reason for suggesting was that I do not need to know your tag names but can change the attributes. I have used it a few times so have the hang of it. Its a more global approach so some one else could use the code also without having to change all the attribute tag names, yes you do have to change the attribute number though.

eg RLX uses tags I would use '( 15 16 17 18)

If I find some time will do an example using your drawing.