XREF Layer Automation

Silvercloak

Hey folks,

I don't know if this has happened to many of you, but when setting up drawings at work - I have to create a viewport and our viewports are on a no plot layer. So I switch to that layer to create my viewports, and I forget to immediately switch to my XREF layer as I attach Xrefs in my drawings.

Hours later when I print off everything I've done, I discover half of my XREFs didn't plot because... yep... they're on the viewport layer.

Is there ANY way to automatically have XREFs all go on the XREF layer? There's got to be a way to do this. I suppose I could make a button that will switch my current layer and open the XREF dialogue... but I thought i'd throw this out there and see if anyone else might have some good ideas on this?

Silvercloak

You can always override your VPORT command. Define a new function called VPORT. In this function, save the current layer, make the viewport layer current, run the original VPORT command, and change the current layer back to the original.