polar angle issue

dnovember99

so i have my polar angle set at 15 degrees. and for some reason from time to time (more often than not) my angle seems to be off. i have noticed that it is off by 2 degrees at each snapping point. i noticed that the tempoverrides being set to a value of 1 (or turned on) is causing this issue. we have a lisp routine that we have been using to adjust or reset all of our settings back to the way that we have them. and that seem to work for a short time. here is the code.

(defun c:K ()
 (setvar "POLARMODE" 1)
 (setvar "osmode" 679)
 (setvar "POLARANG" (angtof "15"))
)
;;when you type K, it resets your osnaps to your custom setting

;;Custom Routines

(defun c:c0 () (command "_copybase" "0,0") )
(defun c:v0 () (command "_pasteclip" "0,0") )
(defun c:ZZ () (command "layfrz") )

(load "_RC-CLOUDS")
(defun c:KL () (load "_KL") (C:KL))
;;DRAW BACKWARDS 3-POINT LEADER
(defun c:T2MT () (load "T2MT-MT2T") (C:T2MT))
;;TEXT TO MTEXT
(defun c:VB () (load "_VB") (C:VB))
;;VIEWPORT BOX IN MODELSPACE
(defun c:XRR () (load "XRR") (C:XRR))
;;XREF RELOAD
(defun c:XRV () (load "XRV") (C:XRV))
;;XREF RELOAD WITH VISRETAIN
(defun c:XRU () (load "XRU") (C:XRU))
;;XREF DETACH
(defun c:explodable () (load "explodable") (C:explodable))
;;explodable
(defun c:cleanbase () (load "cleanbase") (C:cleanbase))
;;Clean base drawing
(defun c:cleantitle () (load "cleantitle") (C:cleantitle))
;;Clean title drawing

(Defun c:ERD () (load "_ERD") (c:ERD))
(Defun c:ERH () (load "_ERD") (c:ERH))
(Defun c:ERT () (load "_ERD") (c:ERT))

(Defun C:QS () (command ".qsave") (princ))
(defun c:read ()
 (defun c:qs () (alert "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"))
)

(defun c:Dave()
 (load "_0Dave.lsp")
 (alert "Dave - list of commands \nK - Your ACAD Defaults \nQS - Quick Save \nERH Erase Hatch \nMA Match Properties\nREAD - removes Quick Save command \nKL - Draw backwards three point leader \nCleantitle - Clean title drawing \nCleanBase - Clean base drawing\nRCC - Rev Cloud Sketch \nRCB - Rev Cloud Block")
)

(print "Dave Lisp Loaded Successfully!")
(princ)

(defun c:MA () (COMMAND "MATCHPROP") )
;;XREF DETACH

does anyone know of any good fix for this? also it seems that there are a lot of posts on polar angle issues, so sorry for a new one.

Is there a re reason that you are not using (setvar "polarang" 15.0) just looking for something that may be causing the problem.

I am not the one that set this lisp up. So that is something that I could try for sure.

Also look at what Polarmode 0 or 1 actually does.

This is what i have been able to find.

Polar angle measurements

Measure polar angles based on current UCS (absolute)

Measure polar angles from selected objects (relative)

but it seems for some reason that the system (either autocad itself or something else within something that my company as put in) just turns off my snaps, polar tracking or ortho and i have to run that command in the original post to reset everything.

i did make a change to it and updated the (setvar "osmode" 679) i changed the number within this to reflect the changes to the snaps that i added.

i looked at an old code that i was using, so it seems that i was using (2) so who know..

so after doing to additional digging i am wondering if error checking or error handling within any given lisp that i am using, isn't resetting the environment back to a known state?

http://www.lee-mac.com/errorhandling.html

trying to follow this information is a little hard for me. i am understanding the concept for this but i am trying to figure out how i would be able to add this to a lisp in order to have everything be set back to the way that it was or to the last known state. this way if you go to execute a command and hit the wrong key, most people would it ESC. and that is where i think that this lisp is faulting.

any thoughts as to how i would be able to get this to be added to all of my lisp routines?