Replace company Logo Image with another one.

Learning

My company uses a common template for our AutoCAD drawings. As needed each person copies the template form from a common location for use. Once the drawings have been completed we save them and forward to our clients. I am attempting to replace an old company logo with an updated version.

The "old" logo is: Type: Embedded, Plot quality: Low graphics (e.g. color text & pie charts), Source application: Paintbrush Picture.

The "new" logo is also a Paintbrush file. NameLineAFC 2018 - TITLE BLOCK.bmp - Paint

The problem is I do not know how to embed the image. When others copy the file and open it the see a file name where the image should appear.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

By default, images (Entity type: Image) are referenced. You can use eTransmit to package the DWG file along with any references when you send it to your client(s).

Your original sounds like an Entity Type: OLE2FRAME - which as you have seen, is embedded in the DWG file, but comes with its own set of problems. (Google it for specifics)

If you really want to embed the image and live with the limitations of OLE objects, see this: https://autocadtips1.com/2013/02/22/embed-a-picture-not-as-a-reference/