Block naming inconsistencies

cat3appr

Hello,

I created a block and saved it , name is Keyplan2k, you can see the name on the DWG title. When I edit it in block editor , the name is changed in Keyplan3 ( i changed it just to test ) ; when I look for it, in WBLOCK, it comes as Keyplan3.

Just a bit confused.. then when I insert a block, and look for it from WBLOCK, it doesn't come up in the drop down window... although this keyplan3 it is available in the folder where the blocks are ....

So, bottom line, if I create a block and I save it in a given folder, in this case D:\windows dump\Inchart myTests ..... then why when I use the command B or WBLOCK, I don't see this created block, available?

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_05_37.jpg

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_06_19.png

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_17_41.png

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_22_12.png

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_24_24.png

Screenshot - 30_06_2018 , 08_34_14.png

Edited by cat3appr

Having a block the same name as the drawing it's in would create a circular reference. If you inserted Keyplan2k.dwg into another drawing that drawing would have Keyplan2k as a block along with any blocks included in it like Keyplan3. You simply cannot name both with the same name and why would you want to?

The first reference listed in the Xref Palette in any drawing is the drawing itself if that helps.