Linking of dwg won't show up under links

Siberian

I've come across an issue with linking dwg-files into Revit. I seem to remember that the link used to show up in the project browser under Revit Links so that it can be loaded/unloaded, but it doesn't anymore. It just gets placed in the model and pinned. What could cause this?

Another thing is that when I linked the dwg it got placed so far away from things that now I can't find my elevation markers :P Zoom to fit doesn't seem to include the markers. Any ideas on this?

First, be sure that you're Linking DWG files, rather than Importing DWG files. Linking does in fact link them, and Importing them loads them into the project.

Also, typically when I absolutely have to link a DWG file into my project, I usually manually place it instead of relying to Origin to Origin. The only time I will use Origin or any other auto-placement of the DWG is if I'm positively certain the origins are aligned. If not, I Link it in manually, then line it up as necessary via Grids or another common point such as a column.

-TZ

First, be sure that you're Linking DWG files, rather than Importing DWG files. Linking does in fact link them, and Importing them loads them into the project.

Also, typically when I absolutely have to link a DWG file into my project, I usually manually place it instead of relying to Origin to Origin. The only time I will use Origin or any other auto-placement of the DWG is if I'm positively certain the origins are aligned. If not, I Link it in manually, then line it up as necessary via Grids or another common point such as a column.

-TZ

Thanks. But do dwg-links usually appear in the project browser or am I just remembering that wrong?