Can't add palettes

Hi all. I have a collection tool palettes that I have saved under C:\CAD\Palettes. I've changed my "Tool Palettes File Location" to that directory, and also added it to "Support File Search Path" and "Working Support File Search Path".

I have no problem loading it, but when I attempt to a new palette, or 'tab', then add a new block to that new palette, it will not work. Nothing happens. I can add to existing palettes, but when I close CAD and reopen, that block is gone.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong/what to try?

Thanks!

You don't have to add the path to the support file search path, only the tool palette support path (And you can't modify the "working" support file search path)

When you are looking at your tool palettes in AutoCAD is there a lock icon in the lower corner?

locked_palette.png

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I just added the paths to the other support path because I was desperate looking for answers.

But no I don't have that lock symbol shown. However, to correct myself, I can add blocks to the existing palettes. I just can't to new palettes I created.

And if it gives any ideas, I did change the location of the palettes from when I initially set it up...if that makes a difference? (though not the blocks).

For anyone that might be facing the same issue, turns out I had to copy in AcTpCatalog.atc file into my new palette folder. Didn't have that in there. That fixed the issue.