bak files without a dwg

sandiegophil

Hello,

I am looking for a routine or program that will search a folder/tree or drive and find bak files that do not have a dwg by the same name. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Phil

Thank you. Unfortunately that would only provide a list of the bak files. I'm trying to find bak files that do not have a corresponding dwg file. I'm on a hunt to save some space on a server.

Thanks,

Phil

You will have to look at some form of routine that goes into every directory and say checks dwg against bak and I would recommend make a txt file that would be a batch file that includes the delete part then you can check 1st. Findfile can look for dwg and bak. make two lists sort and then compare.

I completely forgot that I started that back in 2011. I'm still looking for a solution to this...

I completely forgot that I started that back in 2011. I'm still looking for a solution to this...

I have already given you a solution.

Look at the post above.

maratovich,

My reply was intended/directed at slw201, indicating to them that I had forgotten about the post from 7 years ago.

I have not tried your solution yet.