Setting zero background frame for mtext objects

rvv

Hello everybody

Is there any way to make mtext and mleader objects have a background fitting their width AND height?

I know about the trick with setting the object width to 0. The problem is that doing this makes the text frame height larger, than the actual text area.

Any ideas to fix this?

frame.jpg

Select your MText and in Properties look for "Background Mask"

You can change the background size in the "Border Offset Factor" I believe 1.5 is default, I normally use 1.2

I also select "Use Background Mask" and "Use drawing background Color"

I hope this helps.

Handiman, thanks, THIS is obvious. The problem is that the background frame, if set to 1.5 or 1 is way too large, in addition, it depends on the assigned edit field width of the object

And in general, the essence of my question is not this, but: How can many mtext objects be assigned the width and height of the background to the text height and width as tight as possible.

The trick with the assignment of width 0 works with an error - it as a result increases the height of the empty text field.

Any more ideas?