xxx.dwg is currently in use or is read-only

gilesy

I have three machines which are all syncronised using Dropbox. They all have exactly the same file structure and permissions.

About three weeks ago, whenever I tried to open a file on the computer at home, I started getting the message "xxx.dwg is currently in use or is read-only"...but the drawing is neither open nor in use. There are no .dwl files and the drawing, when opened on another machine, works absolutely fine. Any drawings not within my Dropbox folder open fine, and the same files, if moved out of the Dropbox folder to, say, the desktop, work fine. Everything still works fine on the other two computers too.

It's a recent thing, and I can't understand what it's doing. I've uninstalled Dropbox, rebooted the machine and it still does it. I've uninstalled Autocad and reinstalled it...I've checked the permissions and...oh, I give up!

Any ideas anyone?

Also, any other file type within the Dropbox folder opens fine with its corresponding application and, interestingly, any drawing opens absolutely fine with Trueview 2018...it's just Autocad that doesn't like them!