DGN Linetype scales when regenerating drawing on different zoom-levels

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

I can't seem to find an answer on google but perhaps i'm not defining the problem right.

When i regen my drawing, every linetype that has a pattern (dashed, dotted, etc) changes the scale of the linetype.

I have it down to it only (in my case) is on lines that come from drawings converted from microstation to Autocad (DGN to DWG). The linetypes are all some sort of 'DGN' (DGN1, DGN2, etc.).

Unless i use a linetype native to autocad it keeps scaling on regen. Is there some setting to keep the scale the same (relevent to linetypescale in properties) for these microstation/DGN linetypes?

Edit: MSltscale , LTscale , PSltscale are my preffered settings (showing the same (linetype)scale in a viewport as in modelspace).

Oh yeah just convert the DGN thats what the blurb says, the only way to do it properly is to set up translation tables this linetypedgn=lintypeACAD and so on. I am not a microstation user only know from dealing with old clients that this method was the closest and produced the best result. You could though try finding every object with a line type and change it to an Autocad one. Will a simple BYlayer work ?

(setq ssall (ssget "x"))
(setq x 0)
(repeat (sslength ssall)
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ssall x)))
(vlax-put-property obj "Linetype" "Bylayer") ; check for dgn linetype here and have a defun than does correct change.
;(vlax-put-property obj "Lineweight" acbylayer)
(vlax-put-property obj "Color" acbylayer)
(vlax-release-object obj)
(setq x (+ x 1))
) ; end repeat

(Alert "All objects now by layer")

Unless i use a linetype native to autocad it keeps scaling on regen. Is there some setting to keep the scale the same (relevent to linetypescale in properties) for these microstation/DGN linetypes?

Edit: MSltscale , LTscale , PSltscale are my preffered settings (showing the same (linetype)scale in a viewport as in modelspace).

From what I've read Microstation plots linetypes the same as AutoCAD does with PSltscale set to 1 where they look the same regardless of viewport scale. Setting MSltscale and PSltscale (for each layout) to their default value of 1 may fix the issue.

In case i just need to change the linetype it's not so hard to just change them in the layer manager.

And the PS/MSLTscale settings don't fix it, the DGN linestyles keep re-scaling when regenerating the drawing on different zoom levels no matter what setting ( or ) i use in modelspace.