How to change the system name of a disconnected pipe run

Siberian

I'm having some trouble with piping system names that reside within the same system type. As you probably know, strings that aren't connected are given uniqe system names like sewage 1, sewage 2...on it goes. Even so I've ended up with some disconnected strings that have the same system name - and I would like to separate them so that they're not dependent upon each other. Say I find that one string should belong to another system type. If I just change its system type I inadvertently change it for a number of other strings as well - which just ends up in chaos. Is someone able to help me out? Thanks!

First of all, what is a "string"? Not clear on that one.

Renaming Systems is very easy if you open the Systems Browser. Go to View Ribbon > User Interface > System Browser. This lists all Systems created in the project to which you can rename and manage easily.

-TZ

First of all, what is a "string"? Not clear on that one.

Renaming Systems is very easy if you open the Systems Browser. Go to View Ribbon > User Interface > System Browser. This lists all Systems created in the project to which you can rename and manage easily.

String is just what I chose to call a pipe run that branches out from another pipe run. Sorry for bad wording.

I wasn't thinking of the system names in the browser - they are as you say easy to rename. When you select a pipe the system name also appears in the properties palette - with a number behind it that is different for each piece of pipe if it's not connected to another pipe run. My issue was that I had two pipe runs that had the same number - even though they weren't connected. But I found out how to deal with it. If you press TAB a couple of time on a pipe run you can delete it's current system name association, and the pipe goes "blank" so to speak. If you then connect to it will take on whatever system name it's connected to.

But I found out how to deal with it. If you press TAB a couple of time on a pipe run you can delete it's current system name association, and the pipe goes "blank" so to speak. If you then connect to it will take on whatever system name it's connected to.
This is exactly how you do it. Sounds like you're catching on pretty good.

-TZ