Problems with vendors software recognizing dxf files

Would any of the Gurus here have an idea why dxf files drawn in AutoCAD 2018

would be any different from a dxf file drawn in AutoCAD 2000? I am having grief

with some Wire EDM vendors and Laser Engraving vendors recognizing dxf files

drawn in v2018, and not so much if they are drawn in v2000. Their software is unable to read the dxf files for some reason.

Thank you,

Andrew

What software, and what version of that software, are they using? If their software is several years old, it may have trouble reading the newer 2018 dxf file format.

You shouldn't have to save all the way back to 2000 format though. Try saving a 2010 dxf and see if that works.

It means their software is only reading older DXF files. I guess saving back to the newest version your third party software can read is fine, I prefer to save back to 2000 or even R12 dxf usually, our laser engraver can be real finicky with newer versions at times, the waterjet on the other hand doesn't seem as particular, though I still save all the way back at times. It's just something you have to work out on each individual case.

What Laser Software? Ours is Minilase Pro.

SLW210, Thanks for your response. I wanted to go back to v 14, however the v 14 that I have only saves in dwg, and my Laser Engraver vendor can't read dwg.

how are you saving in v 12 by dxf? My v 2000 and on saves in dxf

........however the v 14 that I have only saves in dwg........

Have you tried the commands "Export" or "DXFOUT"?

I don't think the SaveAs file dialogue showed DXF, it only allowed a name change.