Pipe/duct fittings are shown in halftone

Siberian

So it's me again :) Seems not a day goes by without me posting a question here. Today's problem: I've been working on a specific level for a while and pipes and fittings are displayed correctly. However - today I started working on another level, and I noticed that all pipe fittings are displayed in halftone, and I'm not able to select them by placing them inside the selection rectangle - only by selecting them individually. It cannot be a global project setting since it only happens on this one level. I've tried using my first level as a view template, but that doesn't fix it.

Another thing I noticed is that if I go to the halftone/underlay settings and uncheck "apply halftone", the fittings suddenly appear normal, but the change is only visual as fittings are still not selected when I draw a rectangle around them (as they normally are). Any ideas what could be behind this?

Revit has an annoying habit of presenting me with a new obstacle just as I clear one :P

In Properties, there is an Underlay set. If you set Range: Base Level to "None" under the Underlay settings on Properties this will correct the issue.

-TZ

In Properties, there is an Underlay set. If you set Range: Base Level to "None" under the Underlay settings on Properties this will correct the issue.

That did the trick, thanks :) I played around with the underlay settings before without stumbling upon that configuration apparently. But why does it happen? How come fittings are affected by this? And why doesn't my bottom floor experience this even though its underlay is not set to none? I'm just trying to figure how it's all connected :)

Honestly, it's a glitch. Always has been. It has something to do with the MEP View Disciplines. If you change the View Discipline to Architectural, Structural or Coordination the problem goes away. Keep it on Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing and it comes back.

-TZ