The best way to get experience with Revit

dblacker

Hi all.

I am interested in getting hands on experience with Revit and BIM. So far I have watched a number of videos of how the software works, but would be interested in attending a course or undertaking e-learning. What would be the best approach for me to take?

I live in Birmingham, UK, and have come across some organisations which run 1 and 2 day courses so am aware that is one option, however those are pretty expensive.

Thanks

• Like 1

Sounds good, although I do not have access to the software myself at the moment, that is why I was hoping to get into hands-on training.

I would later be interested in joining online groups on Revit to be able to exchange ideas.

I am aware that purchasing Autodesk software is possible but on a subscription based license only, and it seems a bit costly for a casual user.

Thanks anyway.

Revit can be installed as a trial for 30 days. After the 30 days, you still have full access to the program, you just can't save, export or print.

-TZ

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:38 AM, steven-g said:

I would look around local colleges and adult education centers for evening courses, these are usually more affordable.

Is there anywhere a database of such courses somewhere by any chance?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Really nice to hear about your willingness to practice the learning regarding the software from various videos. What I feel is that each professional has their own style to practice. So, the learning till now will not go waste but you can join a team as an intern or search for an internship in your nearby area and practice with that specific style which can help to polish your skills in a better way and manner.

Thanks & Regards

Roger King

• 3 weeks later...

Thats a nice idea, would there be any such interns I would be able to apply for without affecting my current job (08:45 till 5pm)?

I have signed up to some Udemy home learning courses as well for the time being.