Why AutoCAD Book Cover Is Deceiving?

basty

Why every CAD book (also AutoCAD book) cover is deceiving.

For example, see below attached image of the cover of an ACAD 2000 book.

It shows a car body.

As far as I know, ACAD is not be able to create a car body such as the cover of this book. ACAD is only be able to create a simple geometry, not a complex surface such as the car body shown in the cover of the ACAD 2000 book.

Is it to attract customer to buy their book?

acad2000.PNG

You are right Basty

This is just how Autodesk works. Sales, sales and sales.

I've seen adds for Autocad to design shoes and ships... they will not show buildings because this is domain for their other product.. for you to ! SELL !..

They do not deceive.

This can be done in AutoCAD.

It depends on what quality is required and how much you pay the performer.

What software is used to create a car like your two attached images? It doesn't look like an AutoCAD to me.

Edited by basty

This Lamborgini was created using AutoCAD back in 2007. What version are you using?

[ATTACH]64351[/ATTACH]

BTW...no, I did not create it.

The 3D model of this Lamborghini is not accurate compared to real similar car.

What software is used to create a car like your two attached images? It doesn't look like an AutoCAD to me.

It is Autocad, take a closer look at the images. It's an older version of Autocad, because of all the toolbars, but it is Autocad.

Not accurate? OK...then please show us how you would model it.

What Lamborghini is that? Is this same Lamborghini as yours? If so, it look different to me.

There is no way I can create a car in AutoCAD like that because my skill is very basic.

Lamborghini.jpg

A short example:

Do you mean in order to create the 3D model of a car in AutoCAD has to be done using Mesh method like 3ds Max and Maya?

You said a car could not be modeled using AutoCAD. We've posted examples of cars that were. The method of modeling is irrelevant. You lose.

Most irrelevant thread goes to... j/k. :)

Basty, the straight answer? Madison Avenue tactics. Just like the guy on a Bowflex commercial who's actually a fitness model and is usually taking synthetic hormones, but wants to sell it to the world that the Bowflex is all you need to look like him. Or how plump and juicy the burger looks on the ad, only to receive a squished, over-cooked, thin, too-long-under-the-heat-lamps junk that bag up for you.

For AutoCAD 2000, yes that image is 100% deceiving. Impossible? Nope. But not at all realistic. If this was made in AutoCAD it was certainly done by a professional. And AutoCAD can create complex geometry through other means than just solids creation or editing commands.

It's a tutorial guide, not the AutoCAD user manual. Pretty sure the author is not employed by Autodesk. The key here is does the tutorial show how to create what is on the cover?