Replacing a part in an assembly drawing

ujwalpoojari

I have AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and am modifying .dwg files of completed assemblies. Problem is I don't have the original assembly file and I need to replace one component in the drawing for another. Is there a simple way to do this?

If I click on the part in the drawing I want to replace it identifies that specific component as it's specific name, so it knows it was one part of many for the assembly drawing. The mating surfaces of the part I want to replace would be the same, the only thing that changes are exterior dimensions (which do not impact the assembled components). I can do this in assembly files, but can't seem to find a way to do it in drawings.

Any help is appreciated!

I have moved your thread to the Mechanical & MDT Forum since this seems to be related to AutoCAD Mechanical.

Why does your profile show you are using AutoCAD LT 2018?

I have AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and am modifying .dwg files of coSubway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing

mpleted assemblies. Problem is I don't have the original assembly file and I need to replace one component in the drawing for another. Is there a simple way to do this?

If I click on the part in the drawing I want to replace it identifies that specific component as it's specific name, so it knows it was one part of many for the assembly drawing. The mating surfaces of the part I want to replace would be the same, the only thing that changes are exterior dimensions (which do not impact the assembled components). I can do this in assembly files, but can't seem to find a way to do it in drawings.

Any help is appreciated!

any update guys?