Cross sections

LEIGH

Hi.

Im using AutoCAD 2007.

I have done a land survey showing a top of bank - and the bottom of bank, which ive then contoured by using Carlson Survey (AutoCAD engined).

Im trying to draw cross sections through my model that would obviously show the level of the surface.

The bank lines and contour lines are polylines.

I've been using the search feature but i haven't been getting anywhere!

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Leigh.

Hi.

Im using AutoCAD 2007.

I have done a land survey showing a top of bank - and the bottom of bank, which ive then contoured by using Carlson Survey (AutoCAD engined).

Im trying to draw cross sections through my model that would obviously show the level of the surface.

The bank lines and contour lines are polylines.

I've been using the search feature but i haven't been getting anywhere!

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Leigh.

Leigh,

what are you trying to do here......your not being clear of what your asking for!...

Guest Alan Cullen

iain,

I think he wants to strip off cross sections though his model (DTM). I'm assuming he has a base line (road centreline) for his sections. Unfortunately, unless he has Civil 3D I don't know of a way he can do it in vanilla autocad (unless he does it longhand). We use a civil design software called 12D Model...it's brilliant for doing all that sort of stuff. :)

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

leighdickson_22645337.jpg

The detail above is my survey.

On the left is my model. What i want to do is draw a line through the model and produce a section like on the right hand side that I have drawn free hand just as a example.

Is there a easy way of doing this i.e. draw a line and then pressing "give me a chart", well, so to speak??

Thanks for your help with this.

Guest Alan Cullen

LEIGH,

I'm pretty sure you can't do it without 3rd party add-ons to autocad. The only way I can suggest is to measure along the section line and ID the level at each point...treat it as Chainage, Level (or X & Y values), then draw the section.

The easiest way to draw the section is to draw a polyline and enter the chainage and level as the X & Y value (coord entry)....then move the polyline (section) to wherever you want it....:)

• 5 years later...