History of Autocad

Cad64

And we're just about on the verge of 2010... An even number, new functions and a new Database... Let's cross our fingers that the even numbers are really good:unsure:

Well being an even number, it was looking good - but with prospects that they will no longer support VBA... maybe things are turning in a different direction...

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32857

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rkmcswain

• AlinOz

• Lee Mac

• Raggi_Thor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VBA is still supported, but its no secret that it is dying, and it isn't necessarily Autodesk's fault. Microsoft is the one who killed it. I wouldn't write any new code in it.

Ahh, sorry for my mis-interpretation. I just hope that LISP doesn't follow in the same direction :(

There is really no reason for it to go away since it's controlled by Autodesk, not an outsider. What we are seeing now and I suppose will continue is virtually no development on the UI and the API though. As products like Civil 3D evolve from AutoCAD, lisp becomes a much less powerful tool and .NET/ARX becomes the direction in which to head...

There is really no reason for it to go away since it's controlled by Autodesk, not an outsider. What we are seeing now and I suppose will continue is virtually no development on the UI and the API though. As products like Civil 3D evolve from AutoCAD, lisp becomes a much less powerful tool and .NET/ARX becomes the direction in which to head...

Looks like I better get studying :P

Good news for me, now all my years of not learning VB will have paid off :thumbsup::P
Same thing here. Not trying to excuse myself, I guess I just never really had the need.

• 2 years later...

Hope u don't dislike that face that this is rather old!

I am working on my report about my work in AutoCAD and I am going to write a little bit about autocad.

Does anybody know when 3D first was avilible in AutoCAD? It was just build for 2D back in the days?

Does anyone know if Autocad is mostly used for 2D or 3D? Any source?

Thx!