landscape object in AutoCAD 2007?

muaddib

I wonder is there any way to insert in AutoCAD 2007 a landscape object as it was called in AutoCAD 2006 (LSEDIT, LSLIB, LSNEW)?

I tried to use a new material with a texture file, and the respective opacity texture file without any luck.:(

The entire render system has changed in 2007 and as far as I am aware, the landscape objects are no longer a part of AutoCAD. I guess the only way to go is to make your own but I haven't tried this so I can't say how it might be done. :(

Finally there is a way to make a landscape object in 2007 that works:)

First start a new material using the advanced material template.

Use the texture file as a texture map and the alpha file as the opacity map

Set the material up as scaled to fit including the opacity map.

Set the `specular' colour to black (true colour black, not index colour black).

Increase the `shininess' to 100'

You then need to draw an object for the tree or the human figure that you can apply the material to. A 3D face, a region or a line with thickness should do. Since the material is set to fit to object you'll have to get the XY proportions roughly right for the object.

Now just apply the material to the object.

The main problem verses the old landscape objects is you have to keep rotating your trees or the human figures to face the camera.

We can always use Photoshop, but its hard to create shadows and reflections.

I checked also Archvision, and they don't make an RPC plug-in for AutoCAD 2007 (at least not yet!)

• 4 weeks later...

I found the whole new rendering system of 2007 a bit bizarre; much easier in 2002 and if you put in a few landscape objects and a few lights you can actually get pretty good results. Is it actually worth percevering with the 2007 renderer? Has anyone got any decent images that we an see?

Here's one of my 2002 images-

http://www.spaceplanning-uk.com/text/gallery5.html

I must admit, I didn't take to the new renderer, having got so comfortable with the old system since forever. But, I am growing to like it and I have found that the Dashboard is a far more efficient way of working with all 3D stuff than the previous menu/toolbar system.

I'm still at the "maybe" stage but the more I use it, the better it gets. I'd say stick with it and give it a chance.

• 2 years later...

as far as what i got in cad 2006. i got trouble with the landscape of cad 2007...just like most 2006 users i also stuck on it with the same problem... i ask somebody who knows better on it to share with us. God bless everyone... :):roll:

I had the same problem with landscape objects when I jumped from 2004 to 2008. The solution I found is easy: Make or insert the landscape object using 2004, then copy and paste it in 2008.

Here's an example with people and trees from 2004 library, rendered with 2008:

exterior_2.jpg

Archvision has a plug-in that allows you to use RPC's in Autocad. You might want to take a look at that option.

Although, I just realized you're using 2007. They only have plug-ins available for 2008 and up.

pls show me the detailed procedure on how to copy and paste the landscape object. tnx in advance

If you want to copy-paste objects between different versions of Autocad (copy from the older ver. to the earlier, not vise-versa), you can't use the simple ctrl+c / ctr+v command.

You must copy with base point.

1. Go to the older version of acad and locate the object that you want to copy (be sure you are in world UCS).

Press ctrl+shift+c (left on keyboard), and choose a base-point for your object.

2. Go to the earlier version of acad (be sure you are in world UCS again) and simply paste the object (ctr+v)...done!

:Dthanks deres... BINGO!! i got what i want ...the process you've posted.. it works ....thank u and GOD BLESS...o:)