Need better multiline

Vigilante

• 4 months later...

I just want to say that I hate it when people ask plain and directly to "please post the.. blabla".

Like "Hey you, do this for me, and do it fast!".

In these cases I wonder if people have just the slightest idea of all the work was put in the routines?

There is no respect at all. I will not participate in this one. Sorry but had to say it.

• 1 year later...

I have noticed many requests on multiple sites, forums, and threads for updates to some rendition/version or modification of this lisp. It is truly hard to imagine how many users must be using it. On the other hand, it appears the users now making requests for modifications have little knowledge of or appreciation for the developer(s). Out of respect for ASMI, the originator, the one who developed the groundwork of the code, for which I developed atop of. I chose to post my latest revision/version of the code under the original thread. Maybe, just maybe it will be a good read for those who might appreciate the development history. Or not, and just come for the updated code.

So, who is having problems with their duct code using multiline objects?

Sorry, this code creates polylines just like the previous versions which incorporated and allow for hatching the objects.

So, who wanted a text label?

Text label has been incorporated to include the input width along with a user-defined suffix. Text created only at straight segments.

Ducters,

For a depth of 12 units, use suffix x12 or /12

Pipers,

For diameter symbol suffix = %%C

For " inch symbol suffix = \"

For inch and diameter suffix = \"%%C

Oh! and who wanted a chamfered style elbow/corner for cable tray?

As shown in earlier post under this thread.

Enjoy.

WPIPE[12].LSP

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have been using wpipe7 for a long time on acad 2015 with no problems, when i now try it on 2018 it works but when drawing duct with centre lines at the bends it draws right angles, is this lisp incompatable with later versions of cad? or is it something i'm doing wrong? i have tried v12 but its the same.

Paul,

I do not currently have 2018 to test.

After loading wpipe[12].lsp

Copy following: (wpipe "Radius" "1.5" (/ pi 12) "None" 3 nil (strcat (if (= (getvar "MEASUREMENT") 0) "\"" "") "%%C") nil)

to command line and see if center lines at the bends are arcs.

i'm starting to think its something i am doing wrong but can't figure out what, i dug out my old back up base station that has acad 2012 on it, tried wpipe on that and it did exactly the same, right angle instead of arc. Ronso i will try your suggestion tomorrow.

finally found out the problem was me, must have been having a senior moment and convinced myself that i was using the correct version of wpipe but it was a version that did not fillet the corners, using a later version filleted the corners as intended. appologies all !

• 1 month later...

Hello Ronso,

I appreciate you adding your version of this duct lisp. I noticed when I select to NOT label the duct, it doesn't give me the option of then selecting the width I'd like to draw the duct at. I tried going into the code and couldn't for the life of me figure out what/where to change. Could you please give me a hand with this?

I have noticed many requests on multiple sites, forums, and threads for updates to some rendition/version or modification of this lisp. It is truly hard to imagine how many users must be using it. On the other hand, it appears the users now making requests for modifications have little knowledge of or appreciation for the developer(s). Out of respect for ASMI, the originator, the one who developed the groundwork of the code, for which I developed atop of. I chose to post my latest revision/version of the code under the original thread. Maybe, just maybe it will be a good read for those who might appreciate the development history. Or not, and just come for the updated code.

[ATTACH]59378[/ATTACH]

Just a couple of sugestions Ronso

1st it would be nice to aknowledge ASMI at the start of the program then add your info about what you have changed.

out of respect for ASMI, the originator, the one who developed the groundwork of the code, for which I developed atop

A quick look I would do a defun rather than repeatedly coding the "tblsearch layer" only need 1 line (laychk "AXES" 8)

There is lots of code rem out maybe remove ? There is a (progn (progn in the code due to rem out lines maybe tidy up.

A lot of code then you get a real nice solution.

I noticed when I select to NOT label the duct, it doesn't give me the option of then selecting the width I'd like to draw the duct at.

So the routine does not prompt you at the commend line "Specify start point or width :"

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, anduc said:

Not a bad looking set of tools, especially for under $100. One thing though: if it doesn't have the option already, I would suggest pre-defined routing preferences which would reduce an immense amount of clicks. Presetting as much as you can, such as takeoffs, elbows, liner/insulation, etc would allow more duct routing and far less clicks before and after the start and stops of the routing itself. 

-TZ

Thanks,..

SDUCT was created specially to reduce maximum clics.

drawing elbows and reducer hurt me each time..

also,..SDUCT comes with few little lisp,..

such as:

DUCTATTACH

ductattach2.gif

DUCTCONNECT

ductconnect.gif

ELLBY

EllBy.gif

TAPER

TAPER-s2r-r2s.gif

SDUCT provide many options of lining, gap,duct accessories, duct fittings length, text, style, leader, layers, colors etc...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anduc said:

Thanks,..

SDUCT was created specially to reduce maximum clics.

drawing elbows and reducer hurt me each time..

also,..SDUCT comes with few little lisp,..

SDUCT provide many options of lining, gap,duct accessories, duct fittings length, text, style, leader, layers, colors etc...

That is great stuff. If I weren't in Revit and was looking for a more complete HVAC package, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. 

-TZ