Need Help With Geodesic Dome

brian nguyen

Hi everyones,

Iam working on my thesis project and don't know how to build a 3D geodesic dome with radius 30', and running out of time, i have only 2 months to finish my 3D Cad model, and only 1 month on an actual miniture model.

Can anyones help me step by step.

thank you all so very much.Brian...

Thanks so much CarlB for the great site, I purchased the Icosa program and instaled it but now i am stuck with configure the autocad program and upload the Icosa, I am using Autocad 06.

i wonder if you can help me to configure this program, the Arbeit site show how to configure the autocad but i could not find one step.

I did send an email to Arbeit to ask but i hope you can help me too

Thank you so much again.

You're welcome, glad to help. :)

From that website:

First, add the ICOSA toolbar. From the pull-down menu select Tools->Customize->Menus; click Browse; find the file "icosa.mnc" in the path where ICOSA was installed. Then click "Load".

Add the ICOSA installation path to the AutoCAD Support Files Search Path. From the pull-down menu select Tools->Options; click on the tab "Files"; click "Support Files Search Path". Press the button "Add", then "Browse"; select the path where ICOSA was installed.

Now you ar ready to load the application using the new toolbar or using the pull-down menu: Tools->Load Application or using the AutoLISP function (load).

The process to load the menu (mnc) file may be a little different in 2006. You might check the explanation for loading lisp files on this site.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1390

It may be as simple as Tools>>Load Application, then browse to the main lisp file (which may be a ".fas" or ".vlx" file).

CarlB, thanks again.

You can think that I am dumb,but I can't find Menus and Browse button to find the file in the Tools menu.

please help.

Brian,

Did you ever get the Geodesic program to run? I just played with it and got something, but it has errors and I can't get more than a simple shape from it.

Once running the .exe install program, I was able to follow the instructions for setup;

1. Add the folder where ICOSA files were set up to the support path, using the menu "Tools>>Options>>Files>>AutoCAD Suppport File Search Pathh>>Add>>Brosew (now browse to the folder you chose to set up, default was C:/Program Files/ICOSA)

2. Add the ICOSA menu Toolbar, using Tools>>Customize>>Menu>>Menu Groups>>Browse (to ICOSA folder>>select "Icosa.mc">>Open>>Load

If ICOSA toolbar doesn't appear, may need to rt click on AutoCAD menu bar, click on "ICOSA"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...