Adding a company logo...

captainm

I've seen in previous thread's how how to add a company logo to your title block/plot frame using a jpg file. Plus i've set the image parameters to 0 to remove the line around the image that appears. I've also set the transparency to "ON" - not sure if this is correct but did it anyway - i think.

My problem is that when I come to print it off - the logo appears with a slight background (very faint grey) when it should be just white. The logo is made up of black and red shapes with black text on a white background.

I'm pretty sure the logo came in "clean" and the white was white - if know what I mean.

Can any one help...

It sounds like the white background is not true white. If you have photoshop or paintshop pro you can check the color. It should have a RGB color of 255,255,255.

The transparency setting only works if you setup a transparency layer in the image. If the only place the color white is used is the background you can use photoshop or paintshop pro to set that as the transparency layer. Feel free to email the image to me and I will be glad to take a look at it. jhelton@occc.edu

Thanks for the advice. Have solved it now. Checked that the "white" background was true white and it was (255,255,255) so don't know why it was still showing pale grey when printed.

Anyways - sorted it by changing the white background to transparent (in photoshop) and then saving it as a *.png as suggested.

(NB. Not sure if this was completely necessary but used the "save for web" option and then selecting PNG-24 from the drop down list. Didn't seem to work properly by just using the "save as" method.

Thanks for the help..

....one other thing (that's if anyone is still following this thread):-

I'm not sure if correct but my understanding is that the inserted image (or logo) is actually just a reference to where the image is actually located on your pc (or wherever) - so if you were to move or alter the image from it's stored location - the image on your layout will be altered as well.

How do you get it so that it's permanantly "fixed" (as a block I guess) so the little blighter can't get away !! :)

Try this:

1. In AutoCAD, run the INSERTOBJ command to open the "Insert Object" dialog

2. Choose "Create New" and then select "Bitmap Image", this will open up Windows Paintbrush

3. In Paintbrush, go to the Edit menu, select "PasteFrom" and then browse to select your existing image file (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, etc.)

4. Once the image loads into Paintbrush, go to the File menu and select "Exit and Return to AutoCAD drawing"

Your logo will be inserted into the drawing as an OLE object, embedded in the drawing.

As a matter of interest.......

Imageframe is a command and function one will need to execute when doing one of the C&G exams, by inserting a 'logo' image, resizing it, positioning it & removing it's 'outline'.

It is worth knowing this one!

Thanks Cad64

regards

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! wastewater,

Re; turning the image frame off....

Please accept my apologies for not answering sooner.

I'm sure this function is mentioned in the coursework but it is required

in the lead-up Mock exam, also in the coursework, chapter 10, under the heading, Sample Practical Assignments. ( so I'm not giving anything away! )

It's the C&G 4353-01 2D Cad-Level 2.

Stephen

• 4 years later...

Thank you soooo much for this information! Now that I followed these steps and was successful with inserting a PNG file my logo was visible, but when I close and reopen it's solid white. Please help ... anyone :cry:.

Try this:

1. In AutoCAD, run the INSERTOBJ command to open the "Insert Object" dialog

2. Choose "Create New" and then select "Bitmap Image", this will open up Windows Paintbrush

3. In Paintbrush, go to the Edit menu, select "PasteFrom" and then browse to select your existing image file (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, etc.)

4. Once the image loads into Paintbrush, go to the File menu and select "Exit and Return to AutoCAD drawing"

Your logo will be inserted into the drawing as an OLE object, embedded in the drawing.