How do I do curve (arc) text?

Anya_N

Im working on a manhole cover drawing and I need to put some text so it would alighn with the edge of the cover, in other words i need to alighn it along the curve of the circle.

How do I do that?

Thank you.

If you have Express Tools installed, you can use the ARCTEXT command. It will align your text with a selected arc. Unfortunately it doesn't work on a circle, so you will have to break your manhole cover into two separate arcs for the command to work.

if you have the full version of AutoCAD then yes you do have express tools. just type EXPRESSTOOLS at the command line then it'll load. then type ARCTEXT.

Are you using Autocad LT? If so, I don't think there is an answer for you. LT does not have Express Tools and it does not support lisp routines. The only option I can see would be for you to create individual letters and move & rotate them into position. Sorry. :(

I looked up in F1 help, it said to get the Extra tools from the instalations CD. I will look for it and then continue, if im lucky.

Thank you all so much!:)

Anya_N

Search in the forum. This question was answered in the past-and not just once.

Maybe you can create the text in MS Word and inport it in AutoCAD?

• 1 year later...

arctext is working perfectly, but text start from the left to the right (clockwise) ...... in the upper side of the circle is ok, but in the lower side....is upside down! any suggestions? :roll:

DD.jpg

Play around with all the settings and you will get it. It is possible.

Haha Eldon. Learn by doing right? I agree, it's the best way!! :wink:

And you are right, it is possible

arc.jpg