Plot in monochrome.

martin-byrne

Hi, I have produced a 3D model drawing in Autocad 2006, then opened three layouts. When I plot the first layout in monochrome it actually previews in monochrome. However, when I plot the other two layouts with the same settings, from the same model, with the same layer assignments, they preview and plot in colour. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me plot them all in monochrome. Thanks.

Well yes, but why does one layout plot monochrome and the others plot colour when they all have exactly the same settings throughout.

Any other suggestions.

I am producing plt file to send to a local printing company but I can tell from the preview that they are colour. Also when I produce to PDF the same thing happens.

I guess all I can say is make sure that you hit every step in the batching process.

1. Go into plot and set all settings i.e. pens scale printer everything.

2. At the top there should be a pull down menu were previous plot is located and a button nest to it labeled add.

3. Hit the add button and give it a name.

4. At the bottom hit apply to layout.

5. CANCEL!!!! You don’t want to print it yet.

6. SAVE!!!! The batch won’t work unless you

save.

7. Type publish or go file publish.

8. Add drawings by clicking on the + icon near

the bottom.

9. Once all drawings are in the window select them all and move all the way to the top (this should be the drawing your in and set the layout for) and you will see your named plot setup with a pull down box next to it.

10. Select the Plot name you just made and all of the pages should now say that plot name.

11. In case it messes up or you have to reprint it is a good idea to save the publish until you know it prints correctly.

12. Print

13. Check prints.

14. Smile :D

• 6 years later...

Can you match properties of the view port that is printing right to the one that is printing in color? If not then try looking at your CTB setup and see if the settings are set for color or BW. I usually have a CTB that is all black so it has no color at all that has the same line weights of the color CTB.

OK, this is weird. Now neither plan or 3d viewports are plotting in monochrome. I have checked my pen styles and they are all black. I have Autocad 2013. Please, someone help.

Try making another plot sheet mayber the one you are using is corrupt. Sometimes it helps. If not chack the printer settings and make sure that is set to BW as well.

Are they set to 2D wireframe or some other visual style?

What are your plotter settings?

Can you post the .dwg and/or some screen shots?

What is Shade plot set to?

What is quality set to?