How to create welding simbol

MMS

i have answered in your other post hopefully it helped, as a general rule its better and kinder on the forum not to post the same question more than once in different sections

• 6 months later...

hey there are some of the welding symbols inbuilt in the autocad design centre. shortcut to design centre is ctrl+2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
thanks all for ur reply. but i have create WS using dynamic block by my self.

How would I make them annotative (leader plus symbols)? I tried to make a simple block out of a leader plus the welding symbol and checked the "Annotative" option. It works. After I insert the block where I want it I have to explode it in order to edit the text, but by doing so its annotative attribute vanishes. How can I obtain the annotative behavior for a leader+additional symbols and still be able to edit its text? Thank you in advance for any help.

How would I make them annotative (leader plus symbols)? I tried to make a simple block out of a leader plus the welding symbol and checked the "Annotative" option. It works. After I insert the block where I want it I have to explode it in order to edit the text, but by doing so its annotative attribute vanishes. How can I obtain the annotative behavior for a leader+additional symbols and still be able to edit its text? Thank you in advance for any help.
Look into block attributes. You can assign an attribute as your text item, and the block will prompt you for a text value, numeric or otherwise, as the block is inserted. There is no need to edit the text then. The attribute value can also be changed later, after the block is in place. I am not an expert in block attributes, so I don't want to try and explain how to do it here. I'd have to go and figure it out for myself first.

As a point of information, you will get quicker responses if you start a new thread for your questions, rather than resurrecting a thread that is seven years old.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, meanwhile I have discovered attributes.

I still don't figure out how to make the leader landing to follow the length of the text attribute (providing I am using the "Underline top line" or "Underline bottom line" option for the leader style). For now, what I came up with is set the length of the landing to a certain value (so that it underlines the longest text ever to be entered, for instance "cont." which is short for "all around" in Romanian) and have the landing stick out for shorter text like two or three digit numbers. Cheers for any suggestions.

Figured it out. I added a grip that stretches the leader landing after I edit the text and I know its length.