Change a continuous line to a dotted line

Brian

Hello Everyone, is there a file we can download with loads of line types, can't say I have come across one, and if so where do we store them so autocad can see them ? please

I suppose you have clicked the Other and Load buttons on your linetype dropdown list and found them unsatifactory?:o There are at least two files full in there. If that isn't enough, :wink:maybe somebody has a download suggestion.

Your line types are stored in files acad.lin, and acadiso.lin, or acadlt.lin, and acadltiso.lin. They are in the FIRST path in your TOOLS > OPTIONS > FILES, in the support folder.

Windows won't let you see it unless you do a My Computer search for *.lin, right click on any *.lin file the search locates, click Open File Location, and save whatever download you find right in that directory with the ones your search finds. Then you can load the lines from it by clicking the FILE button at the top of your LOAD dialog.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• MartinJames

• Brian

• Rebel

• 3 years later...

I've always had trouble seeing a dashed line in paper space and model space. The only way I could see the line was changing the linetype scale using trial and error. I would start with 1 then try 5 then 20 then 100 then maybe .01 then .005 until I could see the line. Guessing isn't a very scientific method but I finally figured out how to calculate the length of a dashed line. So I almost always set my Drawing Units to Type: Architectural and Units in Inches. My drawings are usually scaled 1"=10' to 1"=40', so from 10 scale to 60 scale, ex. 20 Scale is Zoom: 1/240xp for Paper Space.

Drawing Settings: Units: Architectural, one drawing unit: 1",

For Model Space when Linetype scale is set to 1 and all the global is 1.

In model space I will draw a line that is 10'

change the Linetype to ISO dash or "ACAD_ISO02W100

Then make sure to type REGENALL in the command line or the linetype won't update and will just look like a continuous line and not dashed

The length of the dashes will be 1' long in model space and the space between the dashes will be 3".