How can I open a .plt file?

Ricardo

How can I open a .plt file? I can't find it anywhere on CAD.

If you have the Express Tools installed type..."plt2dwg". It seems that only certain ones can be converted but maybe worth a shot.

Good luck :)

I'm not trying to step on toes here, I was merely expanding upon what you had posted. You didn't mention why it only translates certain ones, so I thought it was worth mentioning. I apologize if you took offense. By all means, give it a try, but if it doesn't work, it's because it's not HPGL format.

I'm not trying to step on toes here, I was merely expanding upon what you had posted. You didn't mention why it only translates certain ones, so I thought it was worth mentioning. I apologize if you took offense. By all means, give it a try, but if it doesn't work, it's because it's not HPGL format.

Just to add, I have not seen an HPGL plot file in a l o n g time... That ET has little value these days.

We use Oce Repro Desk to open the .plt files before we send them to the printing company to make sure they're correct. This is VIEWING ONLY! If there are changes that need to be made, the .plt file needs to be re-made thru AutoCAD.

Not at all bro ;) I had forgotten exactly why but I knew there was a reason it only works on certain ones. Thanks for the details on it though. No offense at all :) We all (well most of us) gain from the input of others, the more the better.

Sean

I'm using AutoCAD 2000 and a friend sent me a few shop drawings and permit drawings on .plt format via email. I saved it on to the AutoCAD folder but when I go to open it, it isn't there :huh: and I can't find it anywhere else. All I want to do is view them, but they don't show up. Any idea where they are?

I'm using AutoCAD 2000 and a friend sent me a few shop drawings and permit drawings on .plt format via email. I saved it on to the AutoCAD folder but when I go to open it, it isn't there :huh: and I can't find it anywhere else. All I want to do is view them, but they don't show up. Any idea where they are?

Don't show up where?

Are you trying to "open" them from inside AutoCAD?

You can't, you will have to use one of the programs on that list (or something similar). AutoCAD does not "read" or "import" PLT files (with the exception of the ET that only reads HPGL files)

• 5 years later...