Changing linetype scale for just one layer

Guest BRENT

Guest BRENT

I have loaded an insulation linetype and I needed to make the ltscale of that line .194 in the linetype manager so that it would fit in my 3.5" walls.

I would like my insulation linetype to always be drawn at .194 ltscale. All of my other lines/linetypes I would like to stay at 1.00

When I changed the linetype scale of the insulation to .194 every other ltscale went with it.

Is it possible to change one ltscale independently of all your other linetypes?

Guest BRENT

I am selecting only that linetype (insulation) in the linetype manager and changing the current object scale to .194.

Every lintype I have is changing to .194 when I do this.

I have loaded an insulation linetype and I needed to make the ltscale of that line .194 in the linetype manager so that it would fit in my 3.5" walls.

I would like my insulation linetype to always be drawn at .194 ltscale. All of my other lines/linetypes I would like to stay at 1.00

When I changed the linetype scale of the insulation to .194 every other ltscale went with it.

Is it possible to change one ltscale independently of all your other linetypes?

Where did you change the linetype scale, in the properties box?

What version of AutoCAD? The reason I am asking is because I would like to try to recreate this. I did this for a side job not just a week or so ago and I change the batt. insul. LT scale to .18 and the rest as stayed as they should have been.

Guest BRENT

I changed it in the Linetype manager. If I do it there, then every linetype I have is changed to .194 or whatever I use.

If I do it in properties then only that one layer is changed.

I am using properties atm until I find a better way

this is in 2004lt

• 8 years later...

i don't want to go back and select each line and change linetype scale in properties pallete. and if i change line scale from the line type manager, it changes scale for all linetypes. just wondering if there is some way to change scale of just one linetype.

Probably the best way is to get hold of the linetype definition. Adjust all numeric values in it to give the scale that you want, and rename the linetype. :D

You could also try the Match Properties after changing one line in the Properties palette.