Is there a way to check print history?

WagglyFawn

I want to be able to see if any documents were printed from my computer last friday, but I'm not sure how to. Is it possible?

Was Friday a blur and you don't remember printing from your computer or did someone log into your computer and print some drawings?

Either case, you can turn on the plot stamp feature and it will create a plot.log file on your computer every time you plot a drawing in AutoCAD.

Either case, you can turn on the plot stamp feature and it will create a plot.log file on your computer every time you plot a drawing in AutoCAD.

Plot Stamp is used to record details on the print. Details such as who printed it and at what time.

The plot.log file is turned on in options under the Plot & Publish tab.

dbroada,

Thanks for reminding me of that. I had always turned it on/off via the plot dialog box. It's been a while since I looked the plot & publish tab.

It's one of those items that you set and forget.

Was Friday a blur and you don't remember printing from your computer or did someone log into your computer and print some drawings?

Unfortunately the latter. Well, if I didn't have Plot Stamp turned on, is there still a way to find out???

EDIT: I looked around my software a bit and came to the conclusion that ACAD2000 doesn't contain this feature.

Plot Stamp is set from the Print dialogue box. I'm sure it was available in 2000 but AutoCAD and/or Windows had a habit of making it read only for no apparent reason, which caused me problems as I was setting it from a script file.

I thought the plot.log file was created by default and had to be disabled as described above.

Without the plot.log file I don't know of a way to check if a file was printed but if you have fields (not in 2000) or are printing from Model Space AutoCAD considers a plot as a change to the database. IF somebody plotted the file they would have to discard changes or save the updated file. Not foolproof but what is the last saved time on the suspect files?

• 4 years later...
try searching for a file called plot.log, or search your machine for all files ending in .log that were created/modified on that particular day
@searched for log but nothing reveal me about printing ???

starstern, thought I might mention that you have replied to a five year old thread. Nothing wrong with that, but you might not get a response from the folks originally posted.

starstern' date=' thought I might mention that you have replied to a five year old thread. Nothing wrong with that, but you might not get a response from the folks originally posted.[/quote']

better later then ever