Dimensions with Alternate units Problem

muaddib

I have to ad dimensions to an architectural drawing in model space

The file is drawn in decimal units (1unit=1meter)

Now I have been asked to ad dimensions in feet and inches to the drawing in order to make it usable to UK

I know that the solution is to use alternate units with Architectural units format, but how mach is the multiplier that I have to use?

I have no experience in British metric system.

So I left the multiplier 25.4 as AutoCAD prompt.

Can anyone please inform me if is correct?

2.81 meters equals to 5'-11 1/4” ?

Thank you in advance

Ps. I’m using AutoCAD 2007

dim.jpg

or you could use the inbuilt AutoCAD calculator with the conversion function built in (I think :D)

doh! had I not been watching the Simpsons I would have beaten lpseifert to it.

So I just enter the multiplier value equal to 39,37 and automatically the annotations have both decimal and architectural system.:shock::thumbsup:

Thanks everybody

Have a nice Weekend:luck:

Now I have been asked to ad dimensions in feet and inches to the drawing in order to make it usable to UK

The UK uses Metric, and has done for the past 25 years that I know of. As far as I'm aware it is only the US that still uses the old imperial system...:oops:

You may get a few die-hard old boys still using imperial and drawing boards, but they will be very few and far between....

• 5 years later...
So I just enter the multiplier value equal to 39,37 and automatically the annotations have both decimal and architectural system.:shock::thumbsup:

Thanks everybody

Have a nice Weekend:luck:

thanks for this tip...very usefull ive been banging my head for a while on what would be the correct multiplier to use....ive tried 3.28 but its still giving me wrong dim.....how the heck did you get 39.37 as a multiplier???:?