Metric Nuts & Bolts for UK

nickahughes

Hi all,

Someone out there must know of where I can get correctly drawn blocks of metric UK nuts & bolts.

I have had a quick google over lunch, but the only one I can find are US based, and having down loaded & measured the items , find that they are not drawn correctly - ie they are imperial items scaled to a nearest size.

In particular I am looking for:

M5, M6, M8, M10, M12, M16 & M20 Hex head Set Screw.

The same size for Hex Nuts & Nyloc type Hex Nuts.

and the same size for CSK Socket Screws.

I am also looking at dynamic blocks - but need a bit more experience!

Thanks for your assistance,

Nick.

Hi Dave,

Are these drawn as std blocks or dynamic blocks?

Would you like to sell any on to us?

Nick.

Hi

I have also been looking for blocks on screws, bolts, through bolts and fixings without any luck. I am quite new to this so any help would be very much appreciated.

Jerome

Tannar,

I have searched on the two sites you mention, they have so called metric bolts etc but when you check them for size they are not correct for the ISO metric types.

Thanks anyway - I'll keep looking!

Nick.

Ours are simple side & end views but M6 is our biggest. :D

I have looked at making them dynamic for length but its not worth the effort for our use. They don't take too long to draw - get draughting. :shock:

Hello Nick,

Are these any good to you? I have attached a drawing of a few metric bolts. They are a bit basic. If you require any further size's all you need do is scale one of the existing bolts to suit.

uk_metric_bolts.dwg

Thanks Gary,

I have now managed to convert the bolts etc from our previous cad system, bring them into Auto-cad and save them as blocks.

When I have finalised these blocks I will try & post them on here.

But thanks for yours, they may well come in!

Nick.

• 3 years later...

regardless of imperial or metric I think somebody has missed the point here. I was looking for a 3D hex head for a nut or bolt and was directed to this thread. All the answers here refer to the creation of a 3rd or 1st angle projection rather than a 3D model. Has the search thread misdirected me or is there a link within these cadtutor pages that I have overlooked ?, this was the search result....

Metric Nuts & Bolts for UK - AutoCAD Forums9 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 9 Mar 2007

Metric Nuts & Bolts for UK AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output. ... drawing 3d bolts with threads, astrageneca, AutoCAD 3D Modelling & ...