error writing/closing file

rissak

Re: Error writing/closing file

Hi. I have a similar problem using autocad 2007 program. whenever i try making a new drawing in the server and try saving it, a dialog box comes out "error writing/closing file" appears and does not save the file. It can, however, save in a local location. Is there any other way to troubleshoot this problem aside from saving it locally? so that the files would be centrally located in the server...

risaak,

It sounds a bit like your server is struggling for space. Try deleting some .bak files that are more than a few days old and see if you can save then.

Cheers

Ajaybay

• 3 years later...

I am facing also this Error.when i open locally shared Dwg.CAD open Read only by default.and even when i save DWG its show error WRITING/CLOSING File. please some one help me.

Thanks adv

Irshad

I am facing also this Error.when i open locally shared Dwg.CAD open Read only by default.and even when i save DWG its show error WRITING/CLOSING File. please some one help me.

Thanks adv

Irshad

I'm willing to bet the file you are working with references another drawing via an xref right?

• 11 years later...

when it asks for a filename, you have to include the path, such as C:\test.dwg otherwise it has no idea where to put the drawing file.