3dsolid imprint

Geoffers

:) recently 'crossgraded' from LT to ADT 2007! still struggling

i cannot get the 'imprint' command to work in the way it shows in a 'help' demo; draw a line on a 3d solid; imprint and then pull it up like a pitched roof; is this a bug or am i missing something?

make sure it's exactly on the same "plane" as the roof (or exact same Z value). if your roof pitch is 45 degrees, and your imprint is @ 90 degrees, it's not going to work. basically, the object you want to IMPRINT has to be lying on the object that will be imprinted on. hope this helps. :)

nope;

drew 3 d solid, moved ucs to the top face, drew line on top face between mid points, 'imprint', followed prompts, line is just a fixed part of the 3 d solid, i cannot grip it to pull up to form the 'ridge of a pitched roof'... i can use 'extrude' to pull up one face but that is not what shows in the demo...

OK, Ok, i've cracked it (with the help of another forum!)

after 'imprinting' need to press Ctrl to pick the line, then it moves with its faces to form a 'pitched roof' shape!

yea, yea, yea, i'm happy

now onto 'views and sheets'.

• 2 years later...

:D:D:D:D

I too, was wondering how that worked. I tried other line types, but couldn't get them to work, such as polyline, arc, circle, etc. Possible?

Wow, VW that's an old thread!:o:o:o

Anyway have you seen the current thread about printing words onto a cylinder? that uses 'imprint'.:):):)

OH, JUST NOTICED - YOU STARTED IT