How to change the appearance of nodes?

Strix

usually when I use the 'divide' command I can leave the nodes on the drawing as they are only dots which appear hidden within the line by the time I'm printing, but this system is set up to plonk huge great crosses on the drawing

I've tried the help menu and had a quick search on here but cannot find where to alter the settings for node appearance

Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Imamess

• neophoible

• rkent

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Format > Pointstyle (in the drop down menus) works in autocad, not sure about LT but i dont see why not. There are a handful of different styles to choose from.

Format > Pointstyle (in the drop down menus) works in autocad, not sure about LT but i dont see why not. There are a handful of different styles to choose from.

I'm sure you are right but all that does is change the PDMODE which Strix has done from the keyboard. It is always worth finding the keyboard commands as they will work across many generations of AutoCAD while the toolbars & menu commands have a habit of moving around causing much frustration while you try to find your favourite command again.

I'm sure you are right but all that does is change the PDMODE which Strix has done from the keyboard. It is always worth finding the keyboard commands as they will work across many generations of AutoCAD while the toolbars & menu commands have a habit of moving around causing much frustration while you try to find your favourite command again.

its also worth putting forward pulldown menu and menu bar solutions for those who like to use that method not everyone likes using keyboard commands and more then just LT users may be stuck on this point so rebels fine answer may help the OP and maybe just help someone else too, and apart from anything else using pdmode shows you nothing, rebels menu option gives you a nice visual representation of your point style and size in one easy to use command

its also worth putting forward pulldown menu and menu bar solutions for those who like to use that method not everyone likes using keyboard commands and more then just LT users may be stuck on this point so rebels fine answer may help the OP and maybe just help someone else too, and apart from anything else using pdmode shows you nothing, rebels menu option gives you a nice visual representation of your point style and size in one easy to use command

maybe I could have phrased it better but I still say it is worth finding out what command sits behind the toolbars and menus.

I have seen these menu options move around so much between releases to render it unusable to some people. It does work the other way though as sometimes commands are improved so much they get a different name but the menu is updated with the new command.

Wow I didn't mean to start a debate haha. I agree on both accounts really. I like knowing multiple ways of doing everything so thats why I pitched in with the drop down. And, with this particular case, as yedan said using the drop down gives you a display of all the different kinds of stock nodes you can choose from. But I also agree with dbroada, I like knowing the keyboard command for almost everything I do, just in case. Saved my butt multiple times from the dreaded "command in progress" bug in 2005 :lol:

Also, for what it's worth... I remember the point styles option being in the format menu since I can remember, which was why I suggested it as an alternative :)

Well I kind of cheated :wink:

I put a command given here into the help menu so I could read about it, and that gave me something else to click and read about - but it got me there in the end (sorry I can't remember exactly what I did now, but is was a couple of days ago :roll: )

• 5 years later...

I just joined today so I'm hesitant to start a new topic, hopefully my question will fit in here. Is there a setting which will make nodes show up when I print my drawing?

I just joined today so I'm hesitant to start a new topic, hopefully my question will fit in here. Is there a setting which will make nodes show up when I print my drawing?

Welcome. They should print unless they are on a no-plot layer. Maybe describe the problem in more detail.

Welcome. They should print unless they are on a no-plot layer. Maybe describe the problem in more detail.

Maybe I used the wrong term, is 'handles' what I mean? I would like to know where on the drawing the little blue squares are.

Maybe I used the wrong term, is 'handles' what I mean? I would like to know where on the drawing the little blue squares are.

If you mean grips, then no, there is no way to plot those.

If you mean grips, then no, there is no way to plot those.

Thanks for your reply, got it, I guess I will just stick to what I've been doing which is placing a quarter inch x or cross on top of each one.

Thanks for the welcome I look forward to being here.

Thanks for your reply, got it, I guess I will just stick to what I've been doing which is placing a quarter inch x or cross on top of each one.

And how are you placing this "quater inch x" at each "each one"? You can do this with ddptype and point.

And how are you placing this "quater inch x" at each "each one"? You can do this with ddptype and point.

I'll try. Several commands have been mentioned here that sound interesting.

I only resorted to this method recently and have only done it for one sheet of drawings, In think I used the copy tool and with snap turned on it snapped to most of the grips, but for the midpoint of arcs I first had to somehow place the end of a line on those grips which I can only do with the grid turned off. I am mostly self-taught and therefore sometimes have the oddest way of doing things.

I'll try. Several commands have been mentioned here that sound interesting.

I only resorted to this method recently and have only done it for one sheet of drawings, In think I used the copy tool and with snap turned on it snapped to most of the grips, but for the midpoint of arcs I first had to somehow place the end of a line on those grips which I can only do with the grid turned off. I am mostly self-taught and therefore sometimes have the oddest way of doing things.

I am curious as to what you were doing this for? Maybe there is a much simpler method we could clue you into.

.... which I can only do with the grid turned off.....

I turned off the grid in my second CAD class back in '87 of the last century. Ignored any book suggestions that I count dots.

Offset trim/extend otracking osnaps I find much faster.

You might attach a dwg file here for some pointers on alternative techniques.

I am mostly self-taught, or rather, taught by following suggestions by the user community.

Ignored any book suggestions that I count dots.
:shock::ouch: You are much more patient than I am. It sounds more like a book to throw away.

I'm also very curious how this is being done without using an osnap. It sounds like a simple matter of just needing to turn on the midpoint osnap, or using the override. In any case, this would be a good place to start with getting some really good help from some really helpful people. It could well make your job a whole lot easier.:D