Can't Copy and Paste Between Drawings

WireGuy1950

I recently re-installed my AutoCad 2002 on an XP-SP2 computer.

I used to be able to do a windows copy or copy with basepoint and paste the item into another drawing.

Since I put AC on the XP computer, this does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a simular problem with autocad2002. On some files i'm able to copy with basepoint and paste it into the same or different drawing, but there are several drawings where I am unable to perform this function. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Think of the windows copy as a global command and the basepoint copy a local command

As long as your clipboard is not purged, you should be able to select objects, Ctrl C, and paste at your leaisure in any drawing of AutoCAD

Base point copy is constrained soley to the single drawing your working on

I don't agree.

I have and am currently using Copy (windows) and Copy Basepoint with ACAD2002 and Window 2000 between drawings with no problems.

Only on the Window XP machines I use do I have problems with the clipboard functions, although it seems to work occasionlally like pasting Excel files into a drawing.

1) Make sure the DWG file(s) were saved in 2000 format

2) Make sure OPTIONS > User preference > Windows Standard Accelerator Keys is on

• 5 years later...