Attributes - Northing/Easting

SAM24462

Is it possible to create an attribute that records the northing and easting of the insertion point of the block?. I need it to be automatic and not hand entered.

Thanks for the help

Jake

LDD 2006

why bother?

Autocad already has that function and even allows you to manipulate more data if you wish. You then have the option to save to a file which you can open in excel.

Simply go to tools-> attribute extraction ->then follow the prompts for the wizard.

And thats without Land desktop....which I think is a waste of time!

voila!

why bother?

Autocad already has that function and even allows you to manipulate more data if you wish. You then have the option to save to a file which you can open in excel.

Simply go to tools-> attribute extraction ->then follow the prompts for the wizard.

And thats without Land desktop....which I think is a waste of time!

voila!

I agree with all this, but it will only extract the attributes defined in the block. My question is how to create an attribute that will automatically record the northing and easting of the insertion point. I don't want to type it in manually because it would take to long. I will be inserting this block a few thousand times.

Did you try the lisp routine & block offered by lpseifert? It looks like it will do what you ask. You may want to modify it slightly to allow multiple picks without hitting "enter" to repeat the command.

Did you try the lisp routine & block offered by lpseifert? It looks like it will do what you ask. You may want to modify it slightly to allow multiple picks without hitting "enter" to repeat the command.

I figured it out.

When you define an attribute, in the value box, you place a field that is linked to a specified object in your block at the insertion point. From that object you can use any one of its variables to auto-insert into the field. For the coordinates, link the field to the position of your object.

Attached is a short pdf with more explanation

Use this button to insert a field.pdf

• 2 years later...

Can Autocad 2008lt version do this? Because beside the value box there is not that sysmbol. Is there a way to go around it?