AutoCAD Electrical

dbroada

Does anybody here use this product yet? I have seen the demonstrations and "webinar" :shock: and am impressed. It suits our product pretty well and I am waiting for a price. I will have to justify spending however much extra it cost so does anybody have experience that I can include in my findings - or experiences that would make ne stop looking now.

• 1 month later...

Somebody on here is just getting to grips with it DB

Ste1978 or something

What software have you been using up to now?

yet again a long reply disappears in a machine crash. :cry:

We use plain Acad 2006 but will install 2008 soon - probably after my holiday. I have noticed Ste's posts but I'm not sure he's much more advanced than me! Ironically we have just had a project arrive last week that would be ideal for electical - but we are too busy to do anything but draw it the old way. And it is needed out this week (of course).

well I can say I've used an assortment of different electrical packages, and there's pros and cons of hand doing things and the automated method.

at least if you alter your design an automated package will chase that through your pages for you - though they can get stroppy with your 'as built'

I've never been keen on the layouts that the automated packages insist on, which result in twice as many sheets as I'd have had manually, and separate your info out onto groups you'd not want them in

I'm dying to see this package - and keeping my fingers crossed that the AutoCAD Electrical package has addressed all the niggles I have with other packages :thumbsup:

the demo l saw was pretty impressive but I could show AutoCAD looking that impressive to the right audience. The automatic BoM is a big attraction for me though.

We had a demonstration of "Electrical Designer" a few years ago but we weren't impressed. It did a lot of good things but one thing we didn't like was its insistence that the attributes in the border had to conform to its rules. We often have the borders supplied to us by the client so it was of little use to us. We were told it could be mapped so we gave the supplier a typical border to convert. We are still waiting.

I suspect we won't get it as we can't afford for anyone to be out of the office for training but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not seen a demo of this product yet, does anyone know the actual cost of the software? Any information would be helpful. Thank you!

I could give you the price we've been quoted but I think you will be shocked by the non US price! I think there's a free downloadable demo for the US.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been using Electrical for two years after switching from AutoCAD 2002. It comes with smart symbols. I've learned that there are similar commands between plain AutoCAD and Electrical and if you want to save time and aggrevation, you need to use the electrical commands. We are waiting for the license for 2009.

• 3 months later...

hello every1

I have used autocad electrical for quite sometime, and I think is a great program for what it is...for the electrical world....too many tools to play with and also too many settings, but once you customasize it for your personals setting this new software it is very nice to work with...

for automation import/export att, and update titleblock for whole project and batch plotting are great...If I had to grade this new tool, I would give it a B+

• 4 months later...

I've used Electrical 2007 2008 and currently on 2009. Haven't really used the AutoCAD package before this, but I really like the electrical.

Its a very powerful tool.

-J

• 1 month later...

We just completed a 3 day class on ACE. I have been using AutoCAD 2005 and now 2008 for about 4 years. All I can say is you really need the classes. ACE is VERY different from regular ACAD.