Autocad LT 2000 with Vista

Peter Kirby

We use CAD LT 2000 for wiring drawings and have had no problems with this. However we recently purchased two Vista OS machines.

The problem is we cannot Plot using Autocad LT 2000 on these machines, we just get Memory Allocation Error.

Is there any work arround, or is it simply change your OS, or finally update our CAD?

Went to the Autodesk site and they seemed to be saying they don't support anything less than 2007 on Vista.

Thanks

Peter

Thought that might be it, was hoping someone had a quick 5 min fix work around but may have to dual boot.

Noone else got any ideas?

Thanks

Thought that might be it, was hoping someone had a quick 5 min fix work around but may have to dual boot.

Noone else got any ideas?

Thanks

CAD 2000 LT in Vista is executed normally? I don't know Vista, but if still have the compatibility option you can try to run autocad 2000 in windows XP compatibility mode.

Just a guess... as I've said don't know Vista and maybe the plotting problems are more "serious"

Got the printers working fine though, just can't select them in cad, memory allocation error!

Cheers though.

• 1 year later...
Got the printers working fine though, just can't select them in cad, memory allocation error!

Cheers though.

I run AutoCAD 2000 with the icon properties set in compatibility mode for Windows XP and as Administrator.

Also, you need to set the plotter manager with the same settings. Then I added a PC3 file for my adobe PDF and works flawlessly.

Originally had XP and upgraded to Vista. AutoCAD stopped working. But I had a HD start to fail and so I did a fresh install of Vista (ultimate BTW) then a fresh install of AutoCAD 2000, with SP1 and SP2 and the plotter patch. All works well now.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd would let you all know how I overcame it.