drawing stairs

erika

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Autocad...I mean really new.What I would like to find out is how can I draw stairs,or is it somewhere that I can insert it as a block or as smth else as we can do with doors and windows?I have started training with autocad 2007.

Thank you.

Are you talking 2D or 3D?

Do you have a picture of the type of stairs you are trying to create that you could post?

I did a search of the forum for stairs and here are the results: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/search.php?searchid=104185. Read through some of those threads and see if you get any questions answered.

Edit: Hmmmmm, the link doesn't seem to be working anymore, but you can do your own search. Just type Stair into the search box and browse through the results. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Alan.

Its not hard to do spiral staircases in full 3D.

You make 1 full tread in 3d with hand rail then copy vertically and rotate to correct angle.

The one illustrated above would require a bit more programming than the seconds it takes me now to draw one.

Thank you for interesting,

what I meant was 2D stairs,like the one in the image or smth similar,I use MAX for 3D objects

ah, now that depends on the level of design you're producing - if it's for retro-fitting stairs (eg for a loft conversion) your building regs will tell you how deep your runners and risers will be, and you'll have to divide your ceiling height plus the depth of the upstairs floor to find out how many stairs you need....

if it's new build you'll probably have a formula already for the height you need the whole staircase to be, so producing blocks for stairs becomes much easier

Hi

Is this the type of something you are after?

Foot note

Nothing to do with me, not my work just had a quick gander on the web.

http://www.cadinteriors.com/spiralstair.html

http://www.archinet.co.uk/spiral-staircases-uk-spiral-staircase-suppliers.asp

Hi Erika

Follow the above link and it will lead you to Richard Burbidge they manufacture al sorts of timber products including stairs and supply CAD drawings for you to down load free of charge and that’s the reason for giving you the link Just like the one shown below.

I hope this is of some.

• 2 years later...

i want some extra desing

in 22' x 45' plot area

double story

ground flore - institute

first flore - residance

can you give me some drawing in autocad

reddisanjeev:

Welcome to the CADTutor forum. In the future please consider starting a new thread and not adding your question to a thread that is two years old. Thank you.

CADTutor does not supply AutoCAD users with drawings. The members of the forum volunteer their time and efforts answering CAD related questions.

What questions about stair design do you have?

We can show you examples but we can't do your work. That's your job not ours.

Keep in mind that without detailed information our answers may be rather general in nature. For instance, if we do not know the difference in height between two floors it would be unlikely we would know how many risers would be required.

What are the general guidelines for designing stairs in your country? What country do you live in?

Is the staircase a straight run or will it have an intermediate landing?

There are a number of questions that still remain to be asked.