AutoCAD Terminal Numbers

Ste1978

Hi, I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2007.

I have inserter terminals throught my project, however, when I have come to auto-number them, they have not numbered in the order that I would like (top to bottom) They seem to follow no logic in how they have been randomly assigned a number. I have checked that all terminals are on terminal strip 1 which they are.

How can I solve this ?

Am I correct in saying there is no one who has used AutoCAD Electrical as I seem to get no answers for any of my posts. Is there another forum for AutoCAD Electrical?

I know nothing of AutoCAD Electrical, but I will try to give you some help. Have you tried looking in the AutoCAD help file, sometimes the answers are not where you expect them? Is the numbering perhaps related to the order in which you drew/inserted them? Is there perhaps a setting in options to select the order in which they are numbered? Let me think on this awhile and I will see what I come up with.

there SHOULD be several options for how terminals are numbered - well there was in promise-e anyway, and I can hardly see AutoCAD being years behind in industry standards

Thanks guys for your reply. I have managed to solve this problem.

First off, my new terminal block should have been name HT0??? ACE recognises that the 0 is a terminal block that does not take the wire number.

Then I had to run terminal strip editor and assign all my terminals to a terminal strip (TB1)

Then go to Components-Components Misc-Terminal Strip Utilities-Terminal Renumber(Project Wide)

This renumbered all the terminals from 1 to whatever (top to bottom)

*Phew

I have created a tutorial for how to create your very own terminal in AutoCAD Electrical. If anyone should need it please drop me an email and I will send it to you.

Guest Alan Cullen

Ste1978......

We are in the process of organising an FAQ for the forum....if you could email that tutorial to me...that would be great......

Cheers, mate......:D

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...
I have created a tutorial for how to create your very own terminal in AutoCAD Electrical. If anyone should need it please drop me an email and I will send it to you.

Ste1978, would you mind sending the terminal numbering tutorial please? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

H Flores

hflores@gpstrategies.com