divide line evenly???

MikeP

is there a command or even does anyone know a lisp routine to select a line and evenly divide it in to however sections you want?

you may also want to change your node style so you can locate those points easily :)

can't remember how to do it, but I know I started a thread a while back asking how to do it, so you should be able find the answer quite easily :thumbsup:

Guest Alan Cullen

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but DIVIDE places points along the line (as opposed to nodes).....

So the variables required would be.....

PDMODE .......change the shape/type of point

PDSIZE ......change the size of the point

now, keep in mind that the divide coammnd, or even the measure command, places nodes/points at given intervals but does not actually cut up the line-- or pline-- into seperate entitites...to do that you will either have to BREAK them individually or use a lisp which i think there'S already one around here somewhere...

i thought nodes and points were the same thing? :?

G

POINTS are an AutoCAD entity, and you snap to them using the NODE snap. :D

Guest Alan Cullen
POINTS are an AutoCAD entity, and you snap to them using the NODE snap. :D

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, eldon and gcp.....I'm not so silly afterall.......:lol: :lol:

By the way, gcp.....what's your name?????:roll: I'd rather call you Greg or whatever than gcp.......:whistle:

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...