Object not Parallel to the UCS

Tconn

I am trying to join polylines but get the above warning and am unable to use the pedit command as a result. Is there any way to make the object parallel to the UCS in order to edit it?

Thanks

Click on each line and select _properties and set the z value to zero. There are some lisp routines available that will do this as well.

Click on each line and select _properties and set the z value to zero. There are some lisp routines available that will do this as well.

Sorry I should have said that I have ensured that all z values are 0.

you need to set the UCS using the ucs object command - there's a ucs toolbar somewhere. right click any toolbar and turn the ucs one on

click the UCS object button then select the object you want to use to align your drawing

If you're getting that message then your lines are not at Z0. One end may be a Z0 but the other end must be slightly off. Try using the Express Tools FLATTEN command. If that doesn't fix things then maybe you should post the drawing so we can take a look.

Also, try switching to different 3D views or ORBIT around your drawing and visually check for stray Z values.

Thanks for that - just used flatten and everything working fine now. I previously selected "all" and used properties to change z values to 0. I was under the impression that this would do the same as the flatten command? This now seems not to be the case - can you explain the difference between the 2 commands?

Thanks again for all the help received.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the VPOINT command, also, allows you to set the drawing to view it from the side - you can see that certain objects are lying flat at the Z=0 level. I use this often to check contours that may not have yet been assigned an elevation. Objects with different elevations at either end become obvious, too.

I isolate the layer, rotate the drawing to show the Z elevation, and select the objects at Z=0. These I change to a bold color that's different from the set color of the layer. Once I revert the VPOINT command back to a plan view, the bold objects are easy to pick out and subsequently assign elevations.

Guest Alan Cullen

i just answered this question in another thread a couple of minutes ago.........explode the 3D poly......then flatten those entities (using P), then rejoin them to whatever........

• 3 months later...

I have been having the same problem of joining polylines in Autocad 2006 because of the error message 'object not parallel to ucs' while attempting a pedit join... then found a solution by importing the wireframe into Rhino and then joining in Rhino

• 7 years later...

I have a drawing contains lot of object in which many of them z value is not zero and i dont care abt that i care abt the text which i can rotate as i want, i have used flatten, went to properties made the z value to 0

but still i cant use Torient command to the text

i says " 1 object was not parallel to the current ucs"

please help...there are many text like this