Slow processing and printing of rendering

FIFTHTEXAS

i have been producing a table and chairs layout drawing for a function and would like to produce a 3d rendered view of the room.

i have used a table and chair drawing in 3d and have used the array command

to position each seating arrangement in the room( 20 tables with 8 chairs around) however when i come to plot off the drawing in the rendered image the drawing takes ages to compute and takes ages to print off.

is there a way of producing 3d drawings that you can render that will not take for ever to compute. the file is not that big and am using a good computer with plenty of processing power and memory, i am using 2005

Are you printing a "render" directly from AutoCAD?

If so, then I would suggest you first save the render as an image, then print the image file (of the render) outside AutoCAD.

See if that heps...

• 1 year later...

Hi evryone ,

I am having problems with my 3D renderings converting to PDF's. i can render the drawing in about 3 minutes but when I try to plot to PDF, it takes about 3 hours ,

any ideas where in the settings i can change to speed this up

also is there a place where i can click on to plot directly to PDF instead of rendering then plotting, i have a friend who has a button on his plot screen that i dont have on mine ?

the drawing is fairly complex with shadows, reflections, glass and steel. ( realistic )

my CP is 3ghz, dual core, 2g memory

How are you rendering? :unsure:

It sounds like you are rendering to Viewport and then trying to create a pdf directly from Autocad?

Try rendering to window, then Save As jpg format and create the pdf from the jpg.

Also, what pdf writer are you using? The default Autocad pdf option is worthless. There are several free pdf writers you can try like Cutepdf or Pdf995 that work really well.

i am rendering to veiwport, it works perfect in HIgh Res, but tooo long in presentation.

i find that when i do it in window the detail is not as clear, but i will try again. i am self tought and have just started doing the presentation quality drawings for print.

i am using adobe pro

i will try the Cutepdf as well

cheers

Well, your Adobe should be able to do it with no problem, but I still say you should render to window, save as jpg or tif and plot your pdf from that.

I'm not sure why you would get better quality from the viewport than the window. Rendering is rendering. Quality depends on your render settings, not where the render is displayed.