Proxy Graphics??

happyunited

a CAD technician i work with keeps getting this pop up window when opening up a certain drawing. it has lots of blocks in it which appear to be missing or part complete. he is using 2006LT but when viewed in 2007LT or Full(my machine) they display perfect. if i scroll through that text it mentions stuff created in arch desktop 2007 is this the reason he cant see these? also is there anyway round this? thanks in advance

a CAD technician i work with keeps getting this pop up window when opening up a certain drawing. it has lots of blocks in it which appear to be missing or part complete. he is using 2006LT but when viewed in 2007LT or Full(my machine) they display perfect. if i scroll through that text it mentions stuff created in arch desktop 2007 is this the reason he cant see these? also is there anyway round this? thanks in advance

Go here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2753223&linkID=9240818

Tell him to get the Architectural Desktop Object Enabler's for download... this will allow him to make all the AEC objects viewable. There should be like 5 or 6 different ones to download. if he just doesn't want the annoying pop-up telling him he can't see the Proxy Graphics, then set the PROXYSHOW variable to 0.

Hope this helps. :)

Does the pop-up window automatically select "Do not show proxy graphics"? When the pop-up window shows up, he needs to select "Show proxy graphics". If you are unable to make the selection, go to '_Options' 'Open and Save' and in the lower right corner select 'Show proxy graphics' in the dropdown. You can uncheck the 'Show proxy information Dialog Box' if you do not want the pop-up window.

Did you already try Strix's and StykFacE's suggestion?

when i select what i want to show i get the following which is no use to me as its saying the drawing needs to be saved in 2004 from the originator

Drawings can be saved in 2004 format using the Export to AutoCAD command before being transferred to the recipient. Please note that Autodesk Architectural Desktop objects will be converted into basic AutoCAD entities such as lines, arcs and 3D faces.

OR

Drawings can be saved in 2004 format before being transferred to the recipient. Please note that Autodesk Architectural Desktop objects will be saved as proxy graphics and there are no Object Enablers available to enable Autodesk Architectural Desktop objects in this scenario.

Does the pop-up window automatically select "Do not show proxy graphics"? When the pop-up window shows up, he needs to select "Show proxy graphics". If you are unable to make the selection, go to '_Options' 'Open and Save' and in the lower right corner select 'Show proxy graphics' in the dropdown. You can uncheck the 'Show proxy information Dialog Box' if you do not want the pop-up window.

Did you already try Strix's and StykFacE's suggestion?

Does the pop-up window automatically select "Do not show proxy graphics"? - yes it does you cant select anything else and what you suggested isnt an option in the open save in LT!!

Does the pop-up window automatically select "Do not show proxy graphics"? - yes it does you cant select anything else and what you suggested isnt an option in the open save in LT!!

Try _PROXYGRAPHICS on the command line and set to 1.

I don't have LT so I will be unable to help you further.

he has just informed me of the following - he can see the original drawing with all rthe blocks etc but when it is xref into a drawing thats where he cant see it and bits are missing!! also in the original there is a building layout which seems to have blocks within a block whatever they are called? nested blocks? hope this helps make it more clear

• 9 years later...

Use command 'proxynotice' and set to 0.