Drawing Properties : reset total editing time?

James

can you reset the total editing time for a drawing back to 0?

According to the AutoCAD help file:

Total Editing Time Displays the time spent editing the current drawing. This timer is updated by the program and cannot be reset or stopped. Plotting time is not included in the total editing time. If you quit the editing session without saving the drawing, the time you spent in the editing session is not added to the accumulated editing time.

you could save it as a DXF and use word pad to reset it if you really want :whistle: o:)

never heard of doing that!

i wasnt too fussed, it was just all my drawings are drawn from a Template and the total editing time is getting large now :D, so on some jobs i looks like it has taken me 140+ hours to do a drawing :shock:

Guest Alan Cullen
can you reset the total editing time for a drawing back to 0?

Why ?......who really cares ?......I have a drawing opened for a long time while I work in another bit of software......so all that time is recorded as active editing time for the drawing.......I have multiple drawings opened for reference......and it all counts towards total editing time??? If accountants use that for billing purposes, then someone should show them the reality.......:roll:

never heard of doing that!
DXFs can be very usefull for manipulating drawings - its how I can produce about 1000 loop drawings in about an hour. However if you make a mistake you can crash AutoCAD. Give it a try. :twisted:

Why ?......who really cares ?......I have a drawing opened for a long time while I work in another bit of software......so all that time is recorded as active editing time for the drawing.......I have multiple drawings opened for reference......and it all counts towards total editing time??? If accountants use that for billing purposes, then someone should show them the reality.......:roll:

but is the time recorded even if you don't save the changes???

in answer:

According to the AutoCAD help file:

Total Editing Time Displays the time spent editing the current drawing. This timer is updated by the program and cannot be reset or stopped. Plotting time is not included in the total editing time. If you quit the editing session without saving the drawing, the time you spent in the editing session is not added to the accumulated editing time.

can you copy with basepoint the entire contents of your drawing into a new file?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

you can not reset the total editing time, but there is a way around it. First save your drawing to be reset. Next, use the NEW command to create a new drawing. Under the Select Template switch from DWT to DWG and find your saved drawing. Using this you will start a new drawing with all of your old drawing information and the timer will start again at 0.

Hi Tiger, I would hope he has, but for guys like me that snoop around looking for answers like this, it never hurts to respond. Have a good one!

• 4 years later...
you can not reset the total editing time, but there is a way around it. First save your drawing to be reset. Next, use the NEW command to create a new drawing. Under the Select Template switch from DWT to DWG and find your saved drawing. Using this you will start a new drawing with all of your old drawing information and the timer will start again at 0.

Thanks for the tip, this is exactly what I was looking to do [found with a Google search].

I knew I could copy the model into a new file and/or copy layouts (fro ma template) one at a time into the new file although I wasn't aware I could bring in the model and all layouts at once using your method.

Hi Tiger, I would hope he has, but for guys like me that snoop around looking for answers like this, it never hurts to respond. Have a good one!

It helped me 5 years on :)