how do you shade 20% slope

paulg

A Town I Do A Lot Of Work In Allows No Development On Slopes Greater Than 20%. Does Anyone Know An Easy Way To Do This?

We Use Autocadd 2007. I've Tried Terrain - Surface Display - Slope Settings - Then I Get Lost. We Do Huge Photogrammetric Surveys For Subdivisions And Small House Lots And Its Killing Me Not To Be Able To Simplify This Procedure. Please Help

Simplify what procedure exactly? So that AutoCAD automatically shades any slope that is drawn as more tha 20%? or so that it won't allow a slope to be more than 20%? I think we need a bit more information here..

And just a note - all the capital letters, it makes it difficult to read..and I'd imagine to write as well :?

Guest Alan Cullen

Tiger.....

Any existing slope greater than 20% (1 on 5) slope cannot be developed....so he wants to shade those slopes so he exclude those areas from his development plan. It's a pretty common procedure here.....

Paul....does anyone in your office have software like 12D Model?

Have you tried that fancy little button in your "surface slope shading settings" box that says "Help"? Sometimes we tend to overlook that button.:wink:

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same issue. If you can decipher how to even find the subject in the tutorials, you're a better man than I. Put slope & shade in tutorial search box and you get contour Settings info. Neither word is mentioned there....go figure.

Help > surfaces, properties > Analysis

Quick lesson

Select surface > Rt-click > Surface Properties

Info tab > Surface style > Slope banding 2d

Analysis tab > Analysis type > Slopes

Select number of ranges, edit the ranges and colors

hit the blue arrow

Legend

from menu > Surfaces > Add legend > Slopes > Dynamic

pick a point on screen