Piping 2d

fabatt

does anybody out there know of a good, free 2d piping program out there? the one I had been using is called NHT. having trouble loading it up on my laptop. please help. :cry:

thanks

franco

• 9 months later...
does anybody out there know of a good, free 2d piping program out there? the one I had been using is called NHT. having trouble loading it up on my laptop. please help. :cry:

thanks

franco

I have been using NHT since ACAD2000 up to and including ACAD2008. Because NHT was designed for older autocad versions (the last NHT was, I believe, dated 1996) and it is DOS based and not Windows based, it's compatibility with the newer versions is a little tricky. But I can load in all the modules. Here's what I do (file names and sub-directory names are as per my NHT file structure and may differ somewhat from yours):

In Autocad, under Tools/Load Application,

Find your NHT directory and load in the following files:

dos_nht4.lsp

dosnht4c.lsp

loadnht4.lsp

nht4.lsp

Then go to the individual module sub-folder and load in the two lsp files you see. In your case go to the PI directory and load in:

dos_pipe.lsp

nhtpipe.lsp

That should get the piping section of NHT loaded. You will have to do this every time you start autocad. I have not tried putting these files in startup suite as I don't need them all the time. I am not sure if all these files need to be loaded, but this is the combination I found that works and don't want to mess with it.

There should be a toolbar for NHT that, on my screen anyway, has question marks for the buttons because there are no bitmaps assigned to them and I didn't bother fixing it because I use NHT intermittently.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
I have been using NHT since ACAD2000 up to and including ACAD2008. Because NHT was designed for older autocad versions (the last NHT was, I believe, dated 1996) and it is DOS based and not Windows based, it's compatibility with the newer versions is a little tricky. But I can load in all the modules. Here's what I do (file names and sub-directory names are as per my NHT file structure and may differ somewhat from yours):

In Autocad, under Tools/Load Application,

Find your NHT directory and load in the following files:

dos_nht4.lsp

dosnht4c.lsp

loadnht4.lsp

nht4.lsp

Then go to the individual module sub-folder and load in the two lsp files you see. In your case go to the PI directory and load in:

dos_pipe.lsp

nhtpipe.lsp

That should get the piping section of NHT loaded. You will have to do this every time you start autocad. I have not tried putting these files in startup suite as I don't need them all the time. I am not sure if all these files need to be loaded, but this is the combination I found that works and don't want to mess with it.

There should be a toolbar for NHT that, on my screen anyway, has question marks for the buttons because there are no bitmaps assigned to them and I didn't bother fixing it because I use NHT intermittently.

Hope this helps.

I've been using NHT for quite a while by changing a line in the LoadNHT4.lsp routine to reflect what version of windows i'm running.

Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to figure out what the secret code word is to get it to run using windows XP.

Anyone able to help me out?

• 3 weeks later...

Create new lisp file XPloadNHT.lsp

(setq nht4pre "C:/NHT4")

(load (strcat nht4pre "NHT4"))

(load (strcat nht4pre "fa/fastener"))

(load (strcat nht4pre "st/nhtsteel"))

(load (strcat nht4pre "pi/nhtpipe"))

(load (strcat nht4pre "we/nhtweld"))

Top Line should indicate NHT path

In AutoCAD add to Application Load Startup Suite:

XPloadNHT.lsp