SolidWorks installation, missing Toolbox

nscherneck

hey guys,

im trying to add fasteners to an assembly im putting together but it sems that Toolbox was not installed when i installed SolidWorks Office Preium 2007. Its strange because it says, during setup that Toolbox will be installed. Still it is missing.

Can i install it after the fact or do i need to reinstall?

Thank you.

No cd required as it should have installed as standard, all you need to do now is activate it, once you do as I said above you will notice you have a new drop down menu next up the top along side FILE EDIT INSERT TOOLS TOOLBOX FLOWORKS ECT..... (be in a part or an assembly thou):)

yes it worked. now i just need to learn to work with the Toolbox itself. thank you!

another question...do the fasteners ever show their threads or will they always look like a smooth cylinder?

yes it worked. now i just need to learn to work with the Toolbox itself. thank you!

another question...do the fasteners ever show their threads or will they always look like a smooth cylinder?

From the top of my head you can hover over the threaded area you want, right click and appearance>texture scroll to thread and adjust the threads size and direction.

They should all have a thread on them but from what I remember some don't (by thread I mean the bipmap are missing)

Bloodwig, the threads just show without any setting changes? I created a drawing, my first one, and the threads didnt show.

Hay look on the bright side I answered the post title 'Missing Toolbox'

... were moving off topic guys, SolidWorks is new to this board so lets move it forward and onwards, any new questions post them in a new thread:wink:.

• 1 year later...

Helo I have one question about toolbox.

I have SolidWorks Student version and I wanted to activate toolbox but i can't find it in Tools/Add-ins tab. I belive it's not instaled becouse it's student version. Is it possible to get in and install after i've instaled SW? Where can I get it (Soldworks support,...)?

Thanx, bye

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem with my student version. I can't find toolbox in the tools > add-ins window. But when I went through the files on my computer I found toolbox , I also found toolbox settings - which I adjusted and saved. However on my SW the toolbox icon doesn't have a drop down arrow beside it and says it's not installed.

Can anyone help me out?

if its not in Tools>add ins then it probably wasnt loaded. During install there are available options for what to install and it probably wasnt checked. do you still have the install cd?

• 3 weeks later...
if its not in Tools>add ins then it probably wasnt loaded. During install there are available options for what to install and it probably wasnt checked. do you still have the install cd?

I faced the same problem, SolidWorks Student edition is not the full edition as the commercial solidworks software. It simply does not offer a checkbox to install the toolbox. It's a pity because the toolbox addin is a very usefull option which is even on database level fully adaptable to your own needs. Does anyone have the addin available? Just like Excel it is possible to install it afterwords.

• 10 years later...

I am facing similar problem. I installed Solidworks 2018 version. But I couldn't use Hole Wizard option and then I realised toolbox is not added. I checked on net that you have to add Solidworks Data folder but I searched for it on my pc and I am not having that folder,maybe it got deleted. So what should I do? Can we seperately download Solidworks Data folder from net. I even don't have Solidworks CD.