importing excel into autocad (ole)?

dmomeyer

Hi I'm trying to import an excell table into autocad. I can copy paste using ole and that works fine. It prints well, but when I print it as a PDF the file is not legible. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

• 4 years later...

Trying to import an excell sheet into autocad. I can copy and paste uning ole, but it only brings the first page on the excell sheet out of 5 pages.

there are a lot of variables that can be causing various issues here for both of you, your going to have to play around with your sheet sizing kkubacak and most likely have to reset everything after each trial and error, this is is not going to be easy to diagnos over the internet.

dmomeyer, try playing with your plot quality setting, changing it from line art to spread sheet and or any of the other various setting you have avilable there, again, a bit of trial and error here but i'm not sure what it is your looking at exactly, though I have had similar issues resolved through adjusting that setting, alot of it depends of your plotter, drivers and CAD version you are using. though you should check to make sure your not plotting gray scaled colors as I've not had good luck pdf'ing such things in black and white.

dmomeyer's post was from 2007. If he hasn't solved his problem by now he has most likely changed careers.

Anyone who has AutoCAD 2008 or later should be using the Table/Dynamic Link option to bring Excel spreadsheets into AutoCAD not the older OLE method in my opinion.